Currently housed in South Lincolnshire, the Basketmakers’ Association archive holds an extensive collection of material on the subject of basketmaking and related crafts, of which the library forms a part. It is an incredible asset bringing together a wealth of information under one roof.
The archive is open to members by appointment. Non-members must seek prior permission from the Basketmakers’ Association board.
- Exhibition catalogues, national and international
- Historical trade catalogues and price lists
- Photographic and scrapbook records of the Basketmakers’ Association
- Digital materials including photographs, reports and newsletters
- Books, dvds and videos
- Photographs and slides
- Newsletters produced by local and international groups
- Personal papers from leading basketry experts, past and present
- Items donated by members or their estates
- Information on individual makers with pictures and articles about their work