BA 49th AGMBy The Basketmakers' Association
The theme of the day is staging an exhibition.
- Talks: There will be talks from Greg Parsons, who curated the wonderful basketry exhibition Basketry: Rhythm, Renewal, & Reinvention at Ruthin Craft Centre, and Sarah le Breton and Angela Cole, who were contributors to last year’s very successful Nourish exhibition in Farnham.
- Competition: To complement the talks, the theme for this year’s competition is exhibitions and staging displays of baskets. This allows for wide and varied interpretations. What would you exhibit worldwide? Or anywhere in the world? Feel free to let your imagination wander.
There are no parameters, and the more entries the merrier. The competition will be judged at lunchtime and the winner will receive the BA Challenge Cup for a year.
Programme for the day
10.30am Arrival, welcome, and coffee
11.00am Talk – Greg Parsons
12.00pm Introduce guests
2.00pm Talk – Sarah le Breton and Angela Cole
3.00pm Awarding of the Challenge Cup, the Barbara Maynard Cup, and other awards
3.10pm Tea and cake
Books and tools will be on sale (Cash and card accepted)
- Welcome to our guests
Reply by Prime Warden of the Worshipful Company of Basketmakers
- Approval of the minutes of the 48th Annual General Meeting held on 15 October 2022
- Reports by the officers of the company
- Election of an examiner for the accounts
- Election of the Board members for the following year
- Any other business
If you would like to raise any particular issue under any other business, please contact the secretary, Sue Higham, [email protected], by 1 October so we can make time for the discussion on the day.
The accounts and officers’ reports will be available on the BA website from 1 October.
A copy of the minutes of the last AGM and the accounts for 2022/23 will be sent out to members by email along with further details of this year’s meeting. If you do not have email and would like a hard copy please contact Sue Higham by ringing 07748 035880.